5131 Ball Road
Cypress, CA 90630
KC1 (south bldg.)-(714) 761-7914
KC2 (north bldg.)-(714) 952-9748
(Please call after 11:30am)
Fee Schedule & Policies
Visit the Community Center for the Kids Corner registration packet
For more information please see Parent Handbook.
Kids Corner is a recreation program with classes for 3 and 4 year old children. The main objective is to strengthen a child's self-image and feelings of competence. Children are encouraged to creatively explore the world around them through arts and crafts, music and rhythms, field trips, storytelling, and many other learning experiences.
The staff provides a developmental program for your child in a recreational setting. Kids Corner activities are age appropriate. We do not provide an academic program. We offer music, stories, art, indoor-outdoor play and language development. Social skills are most important. Play is a child's work. Children are encouraged to play. Our play yard has been designed for safety as well as fun.
A child must be the appropriate age for each class, 3 or 4 years old, by the date set forth by the California Department of Education. Children who have reached their 6th birthday or are in Kindergarten are not eligible for our program.
Each child must be toilet trained.
4 year olds meet Monday, Wednesday and Friday - $243 per session.
3 year olds meet Tuesday and Thursday - $180 per session.
There are four (4) sessions per school year. (Summer session is separate.) Fees are to be paid by cash, check, VISA or Mastercard for each nine week session. You may pay for more than one session at a time. Checks should be made out to the City of Cypress (please include your driver's license number.) A computer receipt will be mailed to you.
Enrollment procedures must be followed each quarter:
- Kids Corner registration is handled at the Cypress Community Center, 5700 Orange Avenue.
- Registration dates appear in the Recreation brochure.
- Priority registration is given to all children enrolled in the fall session for the remaining 3 sessions. Priority registration forms will be distributed through each class by the 7th week of each session.
- Failure to meet the deadlines of "priority registration" will result in loss of class space and placed at the bottom of the waiting list.
- Cancellations/Vacancies are filled during the year with the "waiting list" established at the Community Center.
- Parent/Legal Guardian is preferred to be present to register the child. However, a designated adult may register the child as long as ALL of the required information is SIGNED by the Parent/Legal Guardian and presented. Only ONE child may be registered per adult, unless there are multiple children from the same family to be enrolled.
- Birth Certificate MUST be presented at the time of registration for the Summer and Fall session.
- A Parent Handbook and administrative paperwork will be handed to you when you register for the Fall session.
You must bring the following items at the time you register:
- Birth certificate - MUST be 3 or 4 years old by September 1 of the current school year.
- Cash, check, money order, Visa or Mastercard.