Vacation House Check Program
The Cypress Police Department provides citizens with a free visual check of the exterior of your residence while you are away from home. Forms can be printed from this web site and can also be picked up at police department business lobby.
Simply print and complete the application. Be sure to include an emergency contact in case a situation arises while you are gone. Once you have completed a copy of the form, mail it to the Cypress Police Department at 5275 Orange Ave., Cypress, CA 90630, drop it off in the police department lobby, or FAX the form to 714-229-6612.
This service is performed by Volunteers in Policing Members wearing identifying uniforms and driving a marked police department vehicle. Volunteers perform their patrol duties Monday through Friday during daylight hours.
In the event you return from your vacation early, be sure to call us at 714-229-6600 to let us know.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO BEFORE I GO ON VACATION?
- Lock all your doors and windows, securing outside doors with a deadbolt lock.
- Place a metal rod in the track of your sliding patio door.
- Stop mail and newspaper delivery or have a neighbor pick them up for you.
- Use timers for your lights and other appliances to make your house look "lived in".
- Install outside motion detectors.
- Hide your empty trash cans.
- Keep an inventory of your belongings and store valuables in a safe deposit box or another safe location.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I FIND MY HOUSE HAS BEEN BROKEN INTO?
- Do not enter the residence!
- Call the police department immediately.
- Wait outside for officers to arrive.