If you're in a vehicle during a power outage, follow these important safety tips:
1. STOP at
all intersections, then proceed cautiously
when traffic permits. Remember that the
vehicle on your right has the right of way.
2. STOP at all railroad crossings until you're sure the tracks are clear.
3. Obey law enforcement officers who are directing traffic.
4. If you have to pull off the roadway, use your emergency flashers to alert approaching traffic.
5. Watch out for pedestrians along darkened roadways.
6. If you see any criminal activity, be a good witness and call 9-1-1.
For more information please go to www.chp.ca.gov/html/energy.html