City of Cypress Community Development - Housing Division
Steve Clarke, Redevelopment Project Manager
Phone Number: (714) 229-6728
Home Enhancement Loan Program (HELP II)
The City of Cypress Home Enhancement Loan Program (HELP II) is a home improvement assistance program serving low income homeowners in Cypress. The goals of the program are as follows: 1) improve the quality of life for homeowners in Cypress; 2) preserve the quality of neighborhoods; 3) promote home ownership pride and, 4) preserve and enhance property values.
- Eligible home improvements are to be prioritized in the following order Health, Safety, and General Welfare correction items; 2) improvements to promote "curb appeal" and enhance community property values.
- Home must be a single-family, detached residence, located within the limits of the City of Cypress. Rental property and mobile homes are not eligible.
- Homeowner must be the legal owner and occupy the property as a principal residence.
- Homeowner household income must be below 80% of the Orange County Median income, adjusted for household size.
- Homeowners cannot have liquid assets in excess of $50,000.
- Homeowners total debt cannot exceed 100% of the homes value appraised at the time of application. Total debt is defined as the existing debt (first mortgage, credit cards, personal loans, etc.) plus the requested loan amount.
The City of Cypress is offering up to $20,000 in the form of a 10 year, forgivable loan wherein the principal is annually reduced by 10% and completely forgiven after the tenth year.
|Income||1 Person HH*||2 Person HH||3 Person HH||4 Person HH||5 Person HH||6 Person HH||7 Person HH||8 Person HH|
*HH = Household income based on currently effective median income of Orange County for 2015 as set forth by H.U.D. Requirements.
Fill out an online Preliminary Home Enhancement Loan Application
Please contact the Cypress Redevelopment Agency to receive a Preliminary Application Form at (714) 229-6720.