City of Cypress City Council
Rob Johnson, Mayor
Mayor Since December 2014
Term Expires: November 2016
5275 Orange Avenue
P. O. Box 609
Cypress, CA 90630
Telephone: (714) 229-6699
Fax: (714) 229-6682
E-Mail Mayor Johnson
Mayor Rob Johnson is serving his first term on the Cypress City Council.
Mayor Johnson holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration-Marketing from California State University Long Beach and an Associate of Arts Degree from Long Beach City College. He is also a graduate of the Long Beach Police Academy.
He is a Regional Sales Director managing Grocery Store Headquarters, Foodservice, and Schools for the Crystal Geyser Water Company in California and Arizona.
Mayor Johnson is an active member of the Cypress Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Additionally, he volunteers his time to various non-profit organizations including the Cypress High School Athletic Booster Club and Grad Night Committee, Cypress Girls Softball, AYSO Soccer, and the Cypress Festival Committee.
Mayor Johnson also served on the Cypress Parks and Recreation Commission, two terms as Commission Chairman, and the Cypress Traffic Commission, one term as the Vice Chair before being elected to the Cypress City Council.
Mayor Johnson is currently representing the City of Cypress on the following boards and committees:
- Business Retention, Attraction, Creation, and Expansion Committee (BRACE)
- City/Cypress School District Joint Steering Ad Hoc Committee
- League of California Cities Orange County Division – Representative
- League of California Cities Legislative Delegate Program – Representative
- Orange County City Selection Committee – Representative
- Orange County Council of Governments – General Assembly - Representative
- Orange County Fire Authority – Representative
- Southern California Association of Governments – General Assembly Delegates - Representative
- Waste Management Commission - City Selection Committee
Mayor Johnson, his wife Nancy and his two daughters Dawn and Liz have resided in Cypress since 1999.