City of Cypress City Council
Mariellen Yarc, Mayor
Mayor Since December 2015
Term Expires: November 2016
5275 Orange Avenue
P. O. Box 609
Cypress, CA 90630
Telephone: (714) 229-6699
Fax: (714) 229-6682
E-Mail Mayor Yarc
Mayor Mariellen Yarc is serving her first term on the Cypress City Council.
Mayor Yarc holds a Bachelors Degree in Political Science from the University of California Los Angeles and a Juris Doctorate Degree from Southwestern University of Law. She is a partner of Brandon & Yarc, LLP and a Certified Family Law Specialist, practicing Family Law at her office in downtown Long Beach.
Mayor Yarc is an active member of the Woman’s Club of Cypress and the Cypress Chamber of Commerce. Additionally, she has volunteered her time to various charities and was formerly a Commissioner for both the Cypress Parks & Recreation Commission and the Senior Citizens Commission.
Mayor Yarc is currently representing the City of Cypress on the following boards and committees:
- Business Retention, Attraction, Creation, and Expansion Committee (BRACE)
- League of California Cities Community Services Policy Committee
- League of California Cities Orange County Division – Representative
- League of California Cities Legislative Delegate Program – Representative
- Orange County City Selection Committee – Representative
- Orange County Council of Governments – General Assembly – Representative
- Orange County Library Advisory Board – Alternate
- Orange County Sanitation District – Representative
- Southern California Association of Governments – General Assembly Delegates – Representative
Mayor Yarc and her husband Paul Lussman have resided in Cypress since 1989.