Council Member Since December 2006
Term Expires: November 2014
5275 Orange Avenue
P. O. Box 609
Cypress, CA 90630
Telephone: (714) 229-6699
Fax: (714) 229-6682
E-Mail Council Member Bailey
Council Member Doug Bailey is serving his second term on the Cypress City Council. He served as Mayor in 2011-12.
Council Member Bailey holds a Bachelors Degree in International Relations from the University of Southern California. He is the Senior Vice President-Branch Director for RBC Wealth Management and a Certified Financial Planner responsible for managing assets for individuals, business owners, and charities. Council Member Bailey is an active member of the Cypress Rotary and the Boys and Girls Club of Cypress. Additionally, he has volunteered his time to various youth activity organizations including Cypress Federal Little League, AYSO soccer, Challenger Baseball, and Cypress High School Policy Debate.
Council Member Bailey is currently representing the City of Cypress on the following boards and committees:
- Business Retention, Attraction, Creation and Expansion Committee (BRACE)
- City/Cypress School District Joint Steering Ad Hoc Committee
- City/Anaheim Union High School District Joint Steering Ad Hoc Committee
- Joint Forces Training Base Cities Group
- Orange County Fire Authority – Alternate
- Orange County Vector Control District – Representative
- Orange County Sanitation District – Alternate
- Southern California Association of Governments - General Assembly Delegates - Alternate
Council Member Bailey, his wife Shelly, and their three children Nathan, Andrew, and Jessica, have resided in Cypress since 1993.