Department of Administration - Recreation & Community Services Commission
Departmental Liaison - Recreation and Community Services
|Commission Members||Term Expiration Date|
|Patricia Boggs||Remaining Four Year Term Expires 7/2016 (First Term)|
|Linda Croce||Four Year Term (Expires 7/19) (First term)|
|Nancy Conze||Four Year Term Expires 7/2017 (First Term)|
|Jim Hunter||Four Year Term (Expires 7/19) (First term)|
|Jeanette James||Four Year Term (Expires 7/19) (First term)|
|Pat O'Toole||Remaining Four Year Term Expires 7/2017 (First Term)|
|Patricia Zauss||Four Year Term Expires 7/2016 (First Term)|
The Reccreation & Community Services Commission meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Community Center
2016 RECREATION & COMMUNITY SERVICES COMMISSION MEETING AGENDAS
January 19, 2016
February 16, 2016
March 15, 2016
April 19, 2016
May 17, 2016
June 21, 2016
July 19, 2016
August 16, 2016
September 20, 2016
October 18, 2016
November 15, 2016
December 20, 2016
The duties of the Recreation and Community Services Commission shall be:
- To identify the arts, leisure and community services needs of the community, be responsible for recommending alternative methods to City Council of fulfilling these needs and interests, and to present alternate solutions or recommendations for action.
- To act in an advisory capacity to City Council, City, and Director of Recreation and Community Services in all matters of arts, leisure and community services and activities and to cooperate with all governmental agencies and civic groups in the advancement of sound arts, leisure and community services planning and programming.
- To review recommendations and issues from the Youth Standing Committee on their specific interests of programming and services.
- To recommend joint recreation and park programming.
- To relate the community park, arts, and recreational services program to public officials and to the community leadership in order to promote understanding and financial support from public and private sources.
- To recommend the establishment of general policies with respect to the Recreation and Park District.
- To provide recommendations in the acquisition, development, beautification, and maintenance of recreation, arts, and park facilities in the City, with consideration for short and long range planning, as part of a sound master plan in keeping with community needs and future growth.
- To review and advise the City Council regarding the budgeting for such functions.