Departmental Liaison - Recreation and Community Services
|Commission Members||Term Expiration Date|
|Ron Call||Four Year Term Expires 7/2015 (First Term)|
|Nancy Conze||Four Year Term Expires 7/2017 (First Term)|
|Tom Ferguson||Four Year Term Expires 7/2015 (Second Term)|
|Sandy Purtle||Four Year Term Expires 7/2015 (First Term)|
|Gary Straub||Four Year Term Expires 7/2016 (Second Term)|
|Mark Youngerman||Four Year Term Expires 7/2017 (First Term)|
|Patricia Zauss||Four Year Term Expires 7/2016 (First Term)|
The Reccreation & Community Services Commission meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Community Center
The duties of the Recreation and Community Services Commission shall be:
- To identify the arts, leisure and community services needs of the community, be responsible for recommending alternative methods to City Council of fulfilling these needs and interests, and to present alternate solutions or recommendations for action.
- To act in an advisory capacity to City Council, City, and Director of Recreation and Community Services in all matters of arts, leisure and community services and activities and to cooperate with all governmental agencies and civic groups in the advancement of sound arts, leisure and community services planning and programming.
- To review recommendations and issues from the Youth Standing Committee on their specific interests of programming and services.
- To recommend joint recreation and park programming.
- To relate the community park, arts, and recreational services program to public officials and to the community leadership in order to promote understanding and financial support from public and private sources.
- To recommend the establishment of general policies with respect to the Recreation and Park District.
- To provide recommendations in the acquisition, development, beautification, and maintenance of recreation, arts, and park facilities in the City, with consideration for short and long range planning, as part of a sound master plan in keeping with community needs and future growth.
- To review and advise the City Council regarding the budgeting for such functions.